Bournville Field Guide

On this project, our groups were asked to explore Bournville Village. We were asked to find something that was interesting to ourselves, that was relevant to Bournville and display it to other students. The aim of this short project was to give others an idea on how we think, produce work, and what our specialities are.

During the walk around Bournville, I noticed a few objects had graffiti on them. I thought to myself that you wouldn't expect to see those kind of urban surroundings here. I then began to think 'What if I created a tag for Bournville, would people look at it in the same way as they do with graffiti?'. I walked around drawing objects that I would only see in places like Bournville, for example the Art Nouveau styled lights and railings. I then created a tag using the drawn objects to make the letters, and uploaded them to a computer. I began manipulating the tag on photoshop, and applying it to images that were taken around Bournville.





No comments: